Hong Kong 2006
Alexander has over 20 years of experience in accounting and auditing, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, listing rules compliance, tax planning and compliance. He was trained as a tax and trust accountant with the “Big Four” accounting firms in Hong Kong and in Singapore. He started his own public accounting and financial advisory practice in 1994.
He becomes a barrister in 2006. Alexander has a mixed civil and criminal practice. On the civil side, he had experience in different areas of the law especially on arbitration, corporate and commercial, conveyancing, employment, land, landlord and tenant, New Territories ancestral trusts, partnership, personal injuries, probate.
Alexander also has considerable experience in defending and prosecuting criminal cases ranging from traffic cases to crimes of a much more serious nature, such as SFC investigations, money laundering, counterfeit bonds, commercial crimes involving false accounting etc.
Apart from being a lawyer, Alexander also practices as a general mediator accredited by HKIAC since May 2010. He also acts as Independent Non-Executive Director for company listed on the Hong Kong and/or Singapore Stock Exchanges.
1. LAU SUK CHING PEGGY v MA HING LAM AND OTHERS  3 HKLRD 247;
(2010) 13 HKCFAR 226
2. IP SIU KUEN v CORAL OCEAN SHIPPING LTD, HCA250/2009
3. HKSAR v YEUNG WAI BIRNEY CACC176/2012
4. WONG MAN TAT v CHAN YUEN MAN AND OTHERS, CACV347/2007
5. LAM PING v ZI YAN LU HCAP13/2004
1. Certified Public Accountant –Hong Kong
2. Chartered Accountant - New Zealand
3. Professional Diploma in Company Secretaryship and Administration from the Hong Kong Polytechnic,
4. Master of Laws and Bachelor of Laws from the University of New England, Australia.
5. Legal Practitioner (non-practising) NSW, Australia 2004
6. Barrister and Solicitor – (non-practising), Victoria, Australia 2005